As the owner of a company, you are responsible for the finances, the happiness of your employees, the safety of your workplace, and so much more. Too often, the best security measures aren’t taken until it’s too late. With the ever-improving technology, there are more ways than ever to protect your workplace from security threats.
Here are six ways you can improve your office security today:
1. Create a plan. Emergencies happen, and the best thing you can do is to prepare for them. Write out a plan for a fire, theft, or other emergency and what your staff should do when each happens and include that in the employee handbook.
2. Train your employees. Make sure each of your employees is properly trained to use the security/safety equipment and knows the set procedures in case of emergencies.
3. Communicate with your employees. What meetings are scheduled, who is scheduled to stop by the office, and other things employees should expect to happen at the office that day are important to communicate clearly. That way, they can easily recognize suspicious people or activities happening.
4. Light up the night. Eliminate dark areas in parking lots and outdoor break areas by installing adequate lighting. Remove any locations where someone could hide themself or stolen items.
5. Install a CCTV system. Closed Circuit Television Systems include a set of cameras that feed into a single interface. The system not only records footage to catch thieves in progress, but also helps create a sense of security for your staff.
6. Schedule a fire alarm test and inspection. Yes, the National Fire Protection Association requires annual check-ups, but if you think there may be a problem or a reason it could be faulty – have it checked sooner.
There are many more ways to improve your office security. Call us, or send us a message today to evaluate your businesses security needs, and how we can help meet them.